Shefford hoping for a football comeback
The club, which was first established in 1910, played its last game some 15 years ago, since when the Ivel Road ground has remained disused and derelict.
The land has planning permission for residential redevelopment and it is hoped that a new replacement facility could be funded by the Ivel Road redevelopment.
Graham Earl, chairman of the town's junior football club Shefford Saints, has joined with Daniel Pinkerton as joint managers of the new adult team.
Graham said: "I am delighted that half of the current Shefford Saints U18s team have committed to play for the new adult team next season."
Anybody interested in playing for or supporting the club should contact Dan Pinkerton on 07817 620694 or Graham Earl on 0777 999 0020. Informal training is on June 24 at Digswell (STMA) Hitchin Road, Shefford (7pm).
- Motorcyclists will die on new 'turbo roundabout' in Bedford, says Lembit Opik
- Bedford Blues' Goldington Road gates go "all white" for the new season (SLIDESHOW)
- Bedford postcode listed 7th in top 10 areas where households have the highest personal debt
- Central Bedfordshire Council gets £592k from government to fix potholes
- Luton Town youngsters suffer narrow friendly defeat to Brentford
- Football: Tottenham Hotspur product Lee Angol signed by Luton Town following release by League Two rivals Wycombe
- Football: Luton Town announce warm-up fixture against SC Farense
- Football: Luton Town boss John Still a big draw for new Hatter Luke Wilkinson