Campaigners for the elderly have launched a new effort to warn politicians against scrapping pensioners' benefits including bus passes and winter fuel payments.
UK and World Sport
Sir Ian McKellen has hit back after Homeland actor Damian Lewis said that he did not want to end up a "fruity actor" who is known for playing wizards.
Sweeping changes are needed to improve the treatment of laboratory animals at one of Britain's leading centres of medical research, a panel of experts has said.
Andy Murray's Wimbledon victory was the biggest talking point on Facebook in the UK this year.
Comic Relief has defended its investment policy after claims in a BBC Panorama documentary that it could have generated more cash from "ethical" funds.
The failure of successive Governments to get children to be more active is mass "child neglect", experts have warned.
Supporters of a wide range of charities and campaign groups are descending on Parliament to urge MPs and peers to rewrite legislation which they fear will have a "chilling" effect on free speech at election time.
Poor planning and outdated IT systems mean the Border Force is failing to protect national security properly, an influential committee of MPs has concluded.
- Man flashes at 11 and 7 year old girls in Bedford
- Have you seen wanted man in Bedfordshire? Police warn public 'not to approach'
- Gridlock for shoppers at Kempston retail park
- Man fined for throwing his ex-girlfriend's suitcase onto the tracks at Bedford Railway Station
- Biggleswade man found with 900 images of young boys escapes jail
- BREAKING: Delays on M1 after accident involving two lorries