There are many options available within Bedford for pupils to consider upon leaving school. Not only are there a range of ‘A’ level courses, there are also excellent vocational qualifications at local colleges, strong work-based training providers and a broad array of apprenticeships available.
Any students who would like to talk through their next steps and gain professional advice can contact the UCAS hotline on 0871 468 0472.
There is also support available for students who are disappointed with their results. Fully qualified Careers Advisors from the Jobs Hub are placed at every Upper School in Bedford Borough on results day. Alternatively, staff from the Jobs Hub, at Greyfriars, can be contacted on 01234 223510.
Some of the services on offer at the Jobs Hub include:
- Advice about education and training options, including apprenticeships
- Help with job skills including CV writing, job applications and interview skills
- Access to job vacancies
- Appointments with training providers
- Business start-up workshops and enterprise coaching
- Help with volunteering opportunities
- Signposting to other services to help with specific issues, such as housing, health, benefit or debt advice
The Jobs Hub is funded by the Bedford Borough Partnership and Jobcentre Plus and is located at 15 Greyfriars in Bedford.
The Jobs Hub is believed to be the first centre of its kind in the country. It serves to make it easier for residents to get direct access to employment opportunities, training and enterprise support as well as helping services to directly engage with local people.