A swimming coach came back from her holiday with a bump after a garage had to break the news her motor had been burnt out after a blaze.
Christine Thompson, took her Rover 45 to A1 Premier Trans - missions in Albone Way, Biggleswade for repairs on her clutch. It was one of ten cars destroyed after the fire engulfed the garage in the early hours of Friday, June 15. She had been away in Rimini, Italy coaching swimming in a competition at the time of the blaze.
The firm had tried to contact her while she was away but she had missed the call. When she returned she was given the grim news and to add insult to injury it will be her insurance company that covers the cost.
Mrs Thompson, from Hemel Hempstead, said: “What can you say when someone calls you and tells you your car has been burnt out? “I’m so upset that it it will come out of my insurance. I don’t think a lot of people know that when a garage takes your car it isn’t covered.
“I don’t know what to do about the situation. It was only in there because I had a faulty clutch.
“I’m just glad I didn’t answer my phone while I was away or it would have ruined my holiday.” We contacted A1 Premier Transmissions but they declined to comment.