Awards handed out to police stars
Written bySTEVE LOWE
LIFE is never simple.
Published: Sun 01 Dec 2013
Like the folk revival, storytelling made a comeback in London in the 1980s. Mark Steinhardt came to it a little later, about 20 years ago, but he’s on top of the game now.
Published: Thu 21 Nov 2013
Continuing in our series of features looking at traditional skills, RUPERT MARQUAND heads to his local cobbler who has been working at the same shop for 60 years where the art of shoe repair is steeped in decades of heritage.
Published: Sun 24 Nov 2013
AS darkness descends upon us earlier and earlier each night and scraping the ice off the windscreen becomes the norm, our emergency services are stretched even more than many thought was possible.
Published: Sun 17 Nov 2013
‘Thatching’ says Tina Nash, ‘is quintessentially English. But it’s more than a romantic ideal. It needs people who care about it to look after it.’ Tina, who is one of just a handful of female Master Thatchers, talks to JUDY RILEY.
- A king's death is pieced together
- At home in the village of Harrold, Imogen Clare creates beautiful art that draws you right in
- An appeal for all returning troops
- Millbrook's Vickie is sticking with family's jam tradition with her Humber's Homemade Preserves
- Sale of superb Georgian collection in Ampthill will be loss to county
- Full steam ahead in Ampthill fo rearly pioneer
- Rugby Union: Mike Rayer rues missed chances as Bedford Blues suffer cup defeat at Connacht
- Football: Bedford Town boss Lee Bearman promises changes after derby day defeat
- Football: Luton Town boss John Still left purring after outstanding display at Alfreton
- Football: Alfreton Town v Luton Town in pictures
- Football: Alfreton Town 0 Luton Town 5 - five-star Hatters are hot on Cambridge's heels
- Rugby Union: Connacht Eagles 17 Bedford Blues 8 - British & Irish Cup defeat in Galway